...

...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Keyshia Cole Explains Why She Stopped Talking to Family

As news of Keyshia Cole's engagement with Cleveland Cavaliers guard Daniel Gibson continues to spread, the R&B singer took time to address her relationship with her family.

In a statement sent to rapradar.com, Cole explained why she stopped talking to her mother Frankie and her sisters Neffe and Elite.


"To all my friends and fans – It’s time that I clear the air. It’s not a secret that I haven’t been in contact with my mother Frankie, and my sisters Neffe and Elite and I never wanted to air out our differences to the public. While I won’t go into detail here I find it necessary to let you guys know I decided to stop communication with them because I was at a point in my life where I needed serenity and peace to move forward. Please know I love my family very much but it was time to let it go. You guys are a witness to a lot of what was happening from watching on air and online. Now that I am becoming a mom my passion for having a loving and peaceful home for my child is my #1 priority. It’s very important to both Daniel and I. My plate is very full; I have a new baby coming, we are planning our wedding and I am working in the studio on a new album that I am close to completing. The stress that my family is giving me with their constant false reports is not healthy and it’s not what I need at this time in my life. Please understand that there are only a few people that can officially confirm or deny anything that’s happening in my life and that’s me, Daniel, and my publicist, Tresa Sanders. And my girl Monica never lies."

....................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment