...

...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MJ Jacko papers reveal FBI probe


MICHAEL JACKSON was investigated by the FBI after The Sun revealed he had made an obscene phonecall to a British schoolboy, it was revealed tonight.

Confidential papers released by the agency after the star's death show how agents in its UK office opened a file in August 1993 and sent a copy of our sensational front page interview with the victim back to their HQ.

They also included legal definitions for crimes under the Telecommunications Act 1984 to determine if he had broken UK law with the sick smutty call.

The file went on to form part of the sensational child abuse inquiry into the allegations that Jacko had molested American boy Jordy Chandler.

That investigation - which wrecked Jacko's reputation and sent his career spiralling downwards - ended when the singer paid 13-year-old Jordy's family a reported £12million settlement to keep them quiet.

In our article, DJ Terry then 28, told how he had a bizarre late-night call when he was 13 from the superstar, who described how he was fondling himself at the other end of the line.

He was befriended by Jacko as a boy after asking for his autograph, and then held regular trans-Atlantic chats after becoming pals.

But Terry told how it ended when Jacko, then 20, asked him in graphic details about sexual activities and told how he was performing a sex act on himself as they spoke.

Scandal

Talking of the Jordy Chandler scandal, he added: "If it hadn't been for that call I would never have believed the allegations were possible."

He said: "I'd only dared tell a handful of my closest friends, because I thought nobody would believe me. At last now they know I was telling the truth about what Michael Jackson said to me.

"He just came straight out with his questions. I just giggled. I felt embarrassed and awkward. I didn't really understand what he was talking about.

"I tried to steer him off the subject and then he asked: `Do you believe I'm doing it now?'

"I said `Are you?' I felt panicky. I was shocked. I tried to talk about something else but he brought it back into the conversation. I was uncomfortable.

"The whole conversation lasted about 15 minutes, but he talked about this intimate sexual act for five minutes or so. Then he said he'd phone me the next day.

"Looking back I could have hung up, but he was a superstar and I was flattered and I didn't want him to stop ringing me."

Nine pages of the file, which was active between September and October 1993, were released yesterday.

But 13 more were kept secret to protect the identity of FBI sources in the UK.

The FBI said: "This file was opened by the FBI's local attached office in London when it assisted local authorities with a child molestation investigation in 1993."

No comments:

Post a Comment