...

...

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Woods Admits to ‘Transgressions’


The attorney for the woman who denied having an affair with golf giant Tiger Woods will make a public statement this morning.


High-profile lawyer Gloria Allred will hold a news conference at 2:30 a.m. (ET), a day after Woods issued a long, meandering apology on his Web site, admitting to “sins” and “transgressions” and asking for the public to allow him and his family to heal behind closed doors. She is representing Rachel Uchitel, a New York nightclub host, who rejected reports by The National Enquirer that she and Woods had an affair in Melbourne, during the golfer’s appearance at the Australian Open.

Tiger wood


Both Woods and Uchitel have denied having an affair.

However, the allegation took on new life after Woods crashed his luxury SUV into a fire hydrant and tree in his affluent Orlando, Fla.-area neighborhood, and the Enquirer and celebrity gossip site TMZ.com attributed the accident to a domestic fight in which Woods’ wife, Elin Nordegren, smashed the window of his vehicle with a golf club. Woods continues to deny that any fight occurred.

On Wednesday, US Weekly reported that Woods had an affair with another woman, Jaimee Grubbs, a 24-year-old Los Angeles cocktail waitress. Adding credibility to that story, the magazine published what it said is a voice message from Woods to Grubbs. On the recording, the voice says, “Hey, it’s Tiger. I need you to do me a favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you.”

In the statement that appeared on his Web site, Woods said, "I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone."

.........................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment